Here is just a selection of the places you might want to see, monuments to visit or landscapes to enjoy... We can help you find many other picturesque places, and even book some excursions for you.
- You can't come to Normandy without visiting the Mt St Michel. This "Merveille of Occident" is a UNESCO classidfied site. We are only 40 minutes from this spectacular place. Make sure you go and see it for yourself. More information about the mount can be found at: http://www.ot-montsaintmichel.com/accueil.htm
- Closer to hand you can discover the charming towns of Avranches and Villedieu-les-Poêles. For more information about these towns, visit their websites: http://www.ville-avranches.fr/index.php3 and http://www.ot-villedieu.fr/index.htm
- Granville is about 30 minutes from La Merveille, with its yachting centre, ferries to the Channel Islands, excellent seafood and the famous Christian Dior museum. More at http://www.granville-tourisme.fr/
- Want to enjoy the sun and the Normandy coast? Then make for the beaches of Carolles and Jullouville, just 20 minutes from La Merveille. Moreover, a market is organized in Jullouville every Friday through the summer, where you will be able to select your Normandy souvenirs! The Jullouville website is at: http://www.jullouville.com/index.htm
- If you care to venture a little further south, you can visit the lovely Brittany coastline. Saint-Malo provides a picturesque old-walled town, port and marina. A little further to the north you can find the charming fishing harbor at Cancale with probably the best seafood in the whole region. The Cancale website: http://www.ville-cancale.fr/
- If it is a Chateau that you want, you will love Balleroy. Located in the Calvados region, 1 hour from La Merveille, this fantastic 17th century Chateau opens its doors every day (http://www.chateau-balleroy.com/).
- One hour north of La Merveille, you can visit the D-Day Landing Beaches, perhaps taking the opportunity to stop in Bayeux, and view the famous 1066 tapestry (http://www.bessin-normandie.fr/web/index.php).